How Waitlisting Works
- Waitlisting is available for the following courses in Summer Term 2013:
|Eligible Web-enabled Courses
||Waitlisting Available From
|Courses offered by the Department of Chinese, Translation and Linguistics (CTL)
||21 May 2013, 8:30 am
|GE courses (Chinese Civilisation and GE courses in Areas 1-3)
||25 May 2013, 9:00 am (after the specific GE web registration period)
- All waitlists will be cleared after 17 June 2013, 11:30 pm.
- Students could add themselves to waitlists on course sections which are full. When seats are made available after other students drop the course sections, the system will register students into the course sections according to the student's position in the waitlist queue on a first-come, first-served basis. The system will also check whether the course sections to be added comply with the registration rules (e.g. student's maximum study load permitted) and will reject individual students from the waitlists if adding the course sections breaks any rules. Students will then be notified by email of the results.
- 20% of the total quota of a course will be added as waitlist quota. Students could not add themselves to waitlists when they are full.
- If a student drops a course section with students on waitlist, he/she will not be able to re-enrol into the section and can only add to its waitlist instead. Students cannot therefore swap sections of the same course or classes with other students if the concerned course sections have students on waitlist.
- Waitlisting does not mean the students are registered in the course sections and does not guarantee a seat. Students should check their positions regularly on the waitlist. If they are not moving up on the waitlist, they should find an alternative course to register in.
- Registration rules such as time-conflict and linked sections (e.g. lecture + tutorial) apply to the waitlisting. The inability to be added to a waitlist may be due to the rules.
- Students cannot add themselves to waitlists on courses that they have already registered in.
- Students cannot add themselves in more than one section or one group of linked sections of the same course.
Steps for Using Waitlisting
- Log onto CityU e-Portal.
- Select AIMS.
- Click "Course Registration" Menu.
- Click "Select Term", choose the correct term and press "Submit Term"
- Click "Add or Drop Classes" and you will find your pre-registered course sections under "Current Schedule".
- Input the CRNs directly under the heading "Add Classes Worksheet" and then click "Submit Changes".
Add to Waitlist
- When you attempt to register in a course section that is full and has waitlist, you will receive a message which shows if you can add yourself to the waitlist
||One student is already on the waitlist. You can add yourself to the waitlist.
||Waitlist quota is full. You cannot add yourself to the waitlist.
- Select "Waitlist" from the "Action" drop-down box and then click "Submit Changes".
- If you do not want to add yourself to the waitlist, select "None" and then click "Submit Changes".
- After completing the waitlisting, click "My Detail Schedule" to double-check your waitlisted course section and your position in the waitlist queue under "Waitlist Position".
Drop from Waitlist
- To drop a waitlisted course section, select "Web Drop" from the "Action" drop-down box in your "Current Schedule".
To view a demonstration of the screens in AIMS for waitlisting, click HERE.