When to Use Add/Drop Form
- For add/drop of courses which are NOT web-enabled (WEB = N in the Master Class Schedule).
- For requesting waivers from registration restrictions for courses which are WEB-ENABLED
(WEB = Y in the Master Class Schedule).
- Any add/drop request submitted after the add/drop period requires special consideration by the academic unit on a case by case basis and may not be approved.
- Students who need to change their pre-registered courses which are NOT web-enabled before they can add another course through the web should submit their add/drop request to the course-offering academic unit prior to web registration.
- Students will be notified by email of their updated registration record. Any add/drop request which is not reflected in the student's schedule or course registration record means the request has not been approved by the academic unit.
- To verify your course registration, click "Course Registration Records" from the "Course Registration" menu in AIMS.
Steps for Submitting Add/Drop Requests
Print Your Own Add/Drop Form
- Log onto CityU e-Portal.
- Go to AIMS.
- Click "Course Registration" menu.
- Click "Print Add/Drop Form".
- Your student particulars and the courses already registered in your current schedule will be displayed.
Drop Course Sections
- Check the box against the CRN of the course section you intend to drop.
- Press the 'Continue' button.
- Print a hardcopy of the Add/Drop Form which contains all course sections you wish to drop. Sign the form and submit it to the course-offering academic unit for approval.
Add Course Sections
- Go to the Master Class Schedule website beforehand to check for details of the courses you wish to add and copy the CRNs.
- Under the section "Add Courses", enter all the CRNs of the course sections you wish to add. Use the mouse or press 'Tab' to navigate between boxes. If you have made a mistake in entering the CRNs, just press the 'Reset' button and retype again. When you have finished, press the 'Continue' button.
- The course details of all the CRNs you have just entered will then be displayed, including information on available places.
- If there is no available place in the course section that you wish to add, check the Master Class Schedule website for an alternative course section and copy the CRN. Then go back to the "Print Add/Drop Form" menu and re-start the process to type the CRNs you wish to add.
- Print a hardcopy of the Add/Drop Form which contains all course sections you wish to add. Sign the form and submit it to the course-offering academic unit for approval.
- When you have finished, make sure that you close e-Portal before leaving your terminal.
Print Add/Drop Form Demo
- To view a demonstration of the screens for printing the Add/Drop Form in AIMS, click HERE.