Preparing Yourself for a Job
Resumes or CVs
Prepare a Resume or a CV and make sure it addresses these issues well:
- Is is well organised?
- Does it show your strengths and side step your weaknesses?
- Will it impress your prospective employer?
- Is it the most updated version?
Complete a Job Application
Some companies may require you to summit a job application form to ensure they get the information they need. Make sure that you do the same for application forms as you do for resumes if the format allows you to do so.
You need a cover letter to introduce yourself. The cover letter can be very imprint as it will be first screened. Consider the letter to be the first opportunity for you sell your skills and services to a prospective employer. So make sure it is well crafted. Ask these questions when you write the letter:
- Will it stand out amongst others?
- Will it capture the attention of whoever who reads it?
- Is it specific and brief enough to address the employer’s needs in a succinct manner?
Many quality jobs come by with interviews. Make sure you find out about these jobs, the cultures of companies that offer them and prepare yourself for the interviews. Never go to an interview unprepared.