Terms and Conditions of Service
- Training Stipend : HK$52 per hour
- Mandatory Provident Fund
Pursuant to the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance effective 1 December 2000, unless he/she is an exempt person as stipulated in the Ordinance, a student helper (CIS/CWS) will be enrolled in the University’s Mandatory Provident Fund Scheme.
Subject to the maximum and minimum levels of income (currently $30,000 per month and $7,100 per month respectively) for mandatory contribution purpose, the University will deduct the relevant mandatory contributions from the CIS/CWS students’ relevant income (5%) as employee’s contributions to the Mandatory Provident Fund Scheme; and the University/CCCU will also make the relevant employer’s contributions to the Scheme (5% of the employee’s relevant income).
- The eligibility for fringe benefits shall be determined in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance, where applicable.
- During the course of the employment, students are expected to carry out their duties in a diligent manner and not to divulge to outside parties any confidential information concerning the University which may have come to their knowledge.
- The University reserves the right to alter any of the terms and conditions of appointment stated in the Letter of Appointment provided always that no such alteration shall be made which would retrospectively lower training stipend or allowances, or reduce accrued benefits relating to the service prior to the implementation of such alteration. All alterations shall be notified in writing before implementation.
- Final year students have to complete their CIS/CWS project assignments at least 2 weeks before their respective graduation date to comply with the statutory requirements on salary payment. For students graduating in July, cut-off date of job assignment is 30th June. For students graduating in February and October, cut-off date is 31st January and 15th September respectively.