The Transport Services Team is responsible for the provision of transport service for official business purposes only.
1271, Cheng Yick Chi Building
Monday to Friday:0800 - 1700
Saturday:0800 - 1200
Sunday and General Holiday:Closed
Regulations or Guidelines
- These Regulations apply to the use of University vehicles.
- The vehicles shall be used for official business purposes only.
- Currently, three categories of vehicles are available for booking: one private car [JW7858], with priority of use by staff at the level of Dean of Faculty and above only; five other private cars, restricted for use by staff at Associate Professor (Scale B) and Senior Lecturer and equivalent (MPS) level and above; and two passenger vans and one pick-up lorry for use by all staff.
- Subject to the availability of vehicles, vehicle bookings for each category are accepted on a first-come first-served basis.
- Bookings shall be made through Campus Development and Facilities Office (CDFO) on the prescribed work request form FM/2/11 and will be accepted up to one month in advance of the required date. Applicants are required to provide all details such as name(s) of passenger, time, itinerary, purpose etc. on the request form. Normally, not more than one vehicle may be booked by the same applicant for any one trip. A verbal booking must be followed by a request form.
- Applicants are advised to check with the Transport Services Team of CDFO at 3442 9434 on the availability of vehicles before submitting the request form. Departments are advised to arrange other means of transport service at their own cost should the University vehicles be not available.
- A reservation, once confirmed, may only be cancelled by the staff member making the booking. CDFO will not cancel the booking except in cases of emergency and only on the authority of the President or his delegate. Change of time and itinerary may not be entertained unless sufficient advance notification (at least 24 hours) is given and is subject to the availability of vehicles and drivers.
- The Normal Service Hours for transport service is from 08:00 hours to 17:00 hours, Monday to Friday and 08:00 hours to 12:00 hours on Saturday.
- Limited service is available beyond the Normal Service Hours and can only be provided on the condition that sufficient advance notice (normally 1 week) is given and is subject to the availability of drivers.
The transport service during the following hours is restricted to senior staff at the level of Dean and above:
- before 08:00 hours and after 22:30 hours, Monday to Friday
- before 08:00 hours and after 12:00 hours on Saturday
- whole day on Sunday and General Holiday
- A maximum of 15 minutes waiting time is allowed except in cases where prior notification has been given and the vehicle has no pending tasks.
- Use of vehicles to and from Airport is restricted to existing staff at Associate Professor (Scale B) and Senior Lecturer and equivalent MPS level and above and/or their official guests only. The application for such booking must be signed by Head of Department. Transport services will not be made available for picking up new staff from Airport or for taking staff who have left the University to Airport.
CDFO Service / Work Request Form
Ms. Florence Chan
Tel: 3442 9434
Fax: 2788 1167
Mr. CL Yip
Tel: 3442 9389
Fax: 2788 1167