Excellence in Knowledge Transfer Award
The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS) introduces the Excellence in Knowledge Transfer Award 2012 in order to further promote the concept and culture of knowledge transfer in the college. Knowledge transfer projects or activities of high social impacts will be selected for receiving the awards. Through this award, colleagues are encouraged to share with each other their innovative KT projects/activities so that new and innovative ideas can further be generated.
The award would be continued in 2013 with the following details:
The Excellence in Knowledge Transfer Award 2013
No. of Awards: 3
No. of Merits: 6
Highlights and guidelines:
- Only full-time academic/teaching staff of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences are eligible to enter the contest.
- Current Knowledge Transfer (KT) projects/activities at the KT website submitted between 12 March 2012 and 15
May 2013 will automatically enter the contest, unless otherwise indicated.
- Previously awarded projects will not be considered again.
- New submissions would include on-going or completed KT projects within the last 3 years.
- Any existing projects with significant updates and new development are welcome to submit a revised project description to the KT website.
- Prizes of $15,000 and a certificate will be awarded to each of three awardees, for supporting their knowledge transfer/research/staff development activities. Certificate will be presented to the awardees of merit.
- The submission deadline for the contest is 15 May 2013.
- The Selection Panel will be composed of Professor Martin Painter, the Acting Dean (CLASS), Mr H Y Wong, the Associate Vice-President of the Knowledge Transfer Office and an external member, Professor John Bacon-Shone, the Associate Dean (Knowledge Transfer) of the Faculty of Social Sciences, The University of Hong Kong.
- The results will be announced on 28 June 2013.
- The awards will be presented at the presentation ceremony.
(for staff only)