Summer Exchange Programme
Student Exchange > Incoming Exchange Students > Summer Exchange Programme
About the Programme
The College has specially arranged Overseas Internship Scheme in order to give participants to experience the scientific research related to their study. Apart from research experience, outside classroom workshop including cultural activities and industrial visit to give participants a brief understanding of industrial establishments in HK as well as have a taste of Chinese culture. It aims to provide student with the opportunity to conduct a research project for widening their horizon and applying their knowledge practically.
Programme Dates: 5 June- 5 August
|Earliest arrival date
||5 June to 5 August
Participating students may register below two courses:
Possible Internship Research Areas:
- Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, and Architectural Engineering; Architecture and Architectural Engineering
- Environmental Science; Biology; Chemistry
- Cancer Biology; Regenerative Medicine; Neuroscience; Nanomedicine
- Multimedia Computin; Distributed Mobile Computing and Wireless Networking; Applied Algorithms; Data Science and Knowledge Management; Systems, Software Engineering and Internet Applications
- Applied Analysis; Computational Mathematics; Mathematical Modelling; Probability and Statistics
- Applied Electromagnetics; Bioinformatics and Bioengineering; Communicatio; Computer Systems; Dynamics and Control; Electronic Systems and Devices; Intelligent Systems; Multimedia Technology; Nanotechnology and Microsystems; Networking; Optoelectronics; Power and Energy
- Mechanical Engineering/ Product Design/ Manufacturing/ Quality Engineering; Robotics/ Mechatronics/ Automation; Nano/ Bio/ Biomedical Engineering; Nuclear and Risk Engineering
- Device Physics; Materials Science; Radiation Physics; Solid-State Physics; Theoretical Physics
- Systems Engineering and Engineering Management
- have enrolled at one of our partner universities as a full-time student for no less than one academic year.
- meet the minimum academic "good standing" requirement at their home university.
- meet one of the English requirements if English is NOT the medium of instruction at their home university:
- TOEFL 79 (internet-based test) or above; OR
- IELTS 6.5 or above; OR
- Chinese Mainland's College English Test (CET) Band 6 or above.
- be nominated by their university’s international office or unit concerned.
Applicants must submit their applications together with all the required documents in ORIGINAL copy via their home university by 15 March.
||Please visit SRO website for further information. On-campus residence will be arranged for successful applicants, subject to availability of hostel places.
|Books & Stationery
||Please click here for further information.
||Please visit GSO website for further information.