Actions which reduce your environmental impact and save money:
1. Eat more vegetable and less meat. Carbon emission of beef and pork production are much greater than that of vegetables.
2. Turn off electronic appliance instead of leaving them in standby mode.
3. Purchase electronic appliance with high energy efficiency - look at the Energy Label.
4. Sort your "waste" and put "resources" such as paper, metals, plastics, glass, CDs into recycling bins.
5. Turn off lights which you are not using.
6. Use LED light bulbs!
LED light produces more light per watt and lasts longer in a more environmental-friendly way than CFL and incandescent light. Please refer to the following table and the website for details.
LED Lighting Future
7. Drink less bottled water.
The Pacific Institute estimates that in 2006, Americans consumed a total of 31.2 billion liters of bottled water and producing these bottles:
- required the equivalent of more than 17 million barrels of oil, not including the energy for transportation
- produced more than 2.5 million tons of carbon dioxide every year
- took 3 litres of water to produce 1 litre of bottled water
Source: The Pacific Institute
Please email us ideas for adding to 'Green Tips'.!