The University follows the green guidelines of the Hong Kong Sustainable Campus Consortium in organizing its 2017 Information Day activities.
We urge visitors to our Information Day activities to support our "green efforts" as follows:
- If you have a smart phone, check the event schedule of our Information Day via the app version. The online and app versions have the added convenience of an event search function.
- For visitors who cannot access the online/app version, please collect a printed event leaflet, or check the schedule on the touch-screen panels placed around the campus. We encourage you to return the event leaflet to the recycling bags (located at the entrance of tunnel to Festival Walk, University Circle and 2/F of Lau Ming Wai Academic Building).
- Many recycling boxes are placed around the campus. Please return waste paper, plastic bottles and soda cans in the appropriate boxes.
- If you have a water bottle, please find the water dispensers at the Canteen on 5/F of Yeung Kin Man Academic Building for refill.
- From the main campus, please consider walking to the Run Run Shaw Creative Media Centre (CMC) building and the Student Residence instead of taking the shuttle bus at the University Circle to reduce vehicle emissions and protect the environment. Every bus ride emits 1 kg of carbon dioxide (CO2)! The walk (mostly covered walkways) only takes about 15 minutes. Follow the signage at the Lau Ming Wai Academic Building or use the route map.