Dr Dan Dai received his BSc from Fudan University in 2002 and PhD from City University of Hong Kong in 2006. Before joining City University in 2008, he worked as a postdoctoral fellow at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium. His major research interests include asymptotic analysis, special functions, orthogonal polynomials and Riemann-Hilbert problems.
- Y. Chen and D. Dai, Painleve V and a Pollaczek-Jacobi type orthogonal polynomials, J. Approx. Theory, 162 (2010), no. 12, 2149–2167.
- D. Dai and L. Zhang, Painleve VI and Hankel determinants for the generalized Jacobi weight, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor., 43 (2010), 055207 (14pp).
- D. Dai and L. Zhang, On tronquee solutions of the first Painleve hierarchy, J. Math. Anal. Appl., 368 (2010), 393–399.
- D. Dai and A.B.J. Kuijlaars, Painleve IV asymptotics for orthogonal polynomials with respect to a modified Laguerre weight, Stud. Appl. Math., 122 (2009), 29–83.
- D. Dai and R. Wong, Global asymptotics for Laguerre polynomials with large negative parameter – a Riemann-Hilbert approach, Ramanujan J., 16 (2008), 181–209.
- D. Dai and R. Wong, Global asymptotics of Krawtchouk Polynomials – a Riemann-Hilbert approach, Chinese Ann. Math. Ser. B, 28 (2007), no. 1, 1–34.