Cross-Institutional Course Enrolment Scheme
Information for HKBU mathematics students taking CityU MA Courses
List of CityU Mathematics Courses to Be Offered to HKBU Mathematics Students
Semester B, 2012/2013
||Quota for Visiting Students
||Introductory Mathematical Finance
Application Procedures and Details
- HKBU Mathematics Students are required to fill in an application form and submit it, together with a photocopy of your academic transcript(s) for previous academic qualification obtained, to the Department of Mathematics, HKBU for endorsement. Applications without HKBU's endorsement would not be processed. Acceptance of the student is at the discretion of CityU, taking into account its quota availability and other relevant factors.
- Students can only take courses that are available on the above list.
- Students who wish to drop/withdraw from the course should submit their request with justifications in writing to the Department of Mathematics, HKBU before 25 January 2013 (Friday). It will forward the request to CityU for processing.
- Application fee and tuition fee have been waived as agreed by both CityU and HKBU.
- HKBU Mathematics Students will be officially registered as Visiting Students at CityU for the course and are required to participate fully in the course, which includes completion of coursework and an examination, if applicable. Students should observe the rules and regulations prescribed by CityU during course registration.
- Grade will be given to students at the end of a course, and result will be sent to HKBU by CityU. To comply with the requirement of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, the consent of HKBU Mathematics students for the release of the results to HKBU, will be sought during the course application stage.
Academic Calendar and Examination at CityU
There are normally 13 teaching weeks in a semester and 7 teaching weeks in a summer term. The teaching weeks and examination periods of academic year 2012/2013 are as follows:
||3 September – 1 December 2012
||10–22 December 2012
||14 January – 27 April 2013
||6–20 May 2013
Academic Calendar Semester B 2012/2013
- Students will be informed of the examination timetable and related details normally one month before the start of examination period by email.
- Study under this Scheme will not lead to a degree or other awards from CityU. Upon completion of study, an academic report will be sent to the students via their home institution. Students may also apply for a transcript according to CityU's procedures.
Department of Mathematics, CityU
Room Y6524 Academic 1
City University of Hong Kong
83 Tat Chee Avenue
Tel: +852 3442-8643
Fax: +852 3442-0250
Department of Mathematics, HKBU
Room FSC1219, Level 12
Fong Shu Chuen Building
Ho Sin Hang Campus
Hong Kong Baptist University
Tel: +852 3411-2348
Fax: +852 3411-5811
Last update: 29 November 2012