Department of Public Policy
rssFree counters!
Why Study Here
Master of Arts in Housing Studies
Brief Description
“…the program is proceeding very well and achieving a very good standard…If all CityU programs were as well run and as unproblematic as this program the university should consider itself blessed”, Professor Terry Burke and Ms. Lai-chun Wong, former External Academic Advisors.

The MAHS programme offers a unique integration of theories as well as practices related to the field of housing management. It targets both local and non-local students who are aspiring to build a professional career in housing. Comprising both academics and senior practitioners, the teaching team specialises in a wide range of professional competencies. Through the courses in the programme, students are introduced to the most up-to-date ideas and debates in the field, and are provided with the skill sets required to make good a career in a highly competitive age.

"Overall, I am firmly of the view that the programme meets international standard of content, delivery and assessment", Dr. Johnnie Chan, Deputy External Academic Advisor.

The degree will be awarded upon the completion of at least 30 credits units which include the Capstone Project. Students who complete 24 credit units (without the courses POL6803 Research Methods for Housing Studies and POL6804 MAHS Capstone Project) can be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma. Students who complete 12 credit units will be awarded a postgraduate certificate. Students will be assessed by a combination of coursework, examinations and projects. The average study load per year is 15 credit units, spread over semester A, B and Summer Term.

Professional recognition
The programme has already obtained full recognition from the HKIH and CIH. Upon completion of the practical experience requirements of the respective professional bodies, graduates will be eligible for admission as a corporate member of the two institutes.

Admissions requirements
Applicants must
•    Hold a bachelor´s degree from a recognized university; OR
•    Have obtained an equivalent qualification; OR
•    Provide evidence of academic or professional attainment acceptable for this purpose by the University
•    AND satisfy English proficiency requirements stipulated by the University if your undergraduate medium of instruction was not in English.