We offers various courses for students to learn more about social entrepreneurship.
Gateway Education courses:
1. GE1218 Make a Difference: The Challenge of Social Entrepreneurs in a Globalized World.
2. GE1220 Enhancing Your Service Leadership for the 21st Century
3. GE2245 Professions in Hong Kong and Beyond: Critical Insights and Issues
4. GE2246 Changing Our Society: Turning Social Problems into Business Opportunity
5. GE2247 Social Innovation and Entrepreneurial Venture Exploration
POL3900 Fundamentals of Social Entreneurship
The Minor aims to equip students with both theoretical knowledge and practical skills to diagnose social problems and generate innovative ideas for systemic change from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
It includes a core course and a combination of 4 elective courses from public policy, social welfare, business management, marketing and finance.
*To be offered:
Writing Apps for Social Innovation
Student Service Leadership Development (SSLD) education shares common values and contents with the education that underpins social innovation and entrepreneurship.
We hope to introduce the concept of social innovation and entrepreneurship to the university community, generate interest, and share best practices.
In 2013, Project Flame initiated the research on Social Enterprise Endorsement System in Hong Kong in collaboration with the Hong Kong General Chamber of Social Enterprise (HKGCSE). We were invited to develop the endorsement tool.
Project Flame has successfully hosted and initiated:
1. Community Forum on Social Innovation (2012)
2. Workshop of Medicine Management Systems (2012)
3. International Symposium in Discovery and Incubation and Scalable Social Impact (2013)
4. International Symposium in Idea Incubation and Scaling Up (2014)
Project Flame functions as a community-centred Collaborative Hub for the incubation and support of social innovation and entrepreneurship, providing a space for the exchange of innovative ideas, practices, and social interventions.