Prof. WANG, Guiguo
Diploma U of Foreign Studies, LLM Columbia, JSD Yale International
Academy of Comparative Law Titular Member
Chairman of the National Committee (Hong Kong) of the International Academy of Comparative Law
Lecturer at the Hague Academy of International Law
Chair Professor of Chinese and Comparative Law
- International Economic Law
- Comparative Law
- International Banking and Financial Law
- International Investment Law
- Chinese Law
- WTO Law
- International Investment Law, (2nd Edition), Law Press, Beijing, China, 2008.
- International Monetary and Financial Law (3rd Edition), Law Press, Beijing, China, 2007.
- The Law of the WTO: China and the Future of Free Trade, Sweet & Maxwell Asia, 2005.
- International Trade Law, Peking University Press, 2004.
- Wang’s Business Law of China (4th Edition), Butterworths, LexisNexis, Singapore, 2003.
- The Law of WTO, Law Press, Beijing, China, 2003.
- International Economic Law, Wide Angle Press, Hong Kong, 1992.
- Sino American Economic Exchanges – The Legal Contributions, Praeger Publishers, New York, 1985.
- “Mediation in the Globalized Business Environment” (in English), Asia Pacific Law Review, Vol. 17 (2010), pp. 47-66.
- “International Investment Law: An Appraisal from the Perspective of the New Have School of International Law” (in English), Asia Pacific Law Review, Vol. 18 (2010), pp. 19-44.
- “Customs Law of Hong Kong”, Chia-Jui Cheng (ed.), Customs Law of East Asia, Kluwer Law International (2010), pp. 95-116.
- “China’s Practice in International Investment Law: From Participation to Leadership in the World Economy”, Mahnoush H. Arsanjani, et al (ed.), Looking to the Future: Essays on International Law in Honor of W. Michael Reisman, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, Leiden-Boston (2011), pp.845-890.
- “International Investment Law and Economic Framework between the Two Sides of the Strait”, Present Day Law Science, Vol. 7, No. 6, 2009, pp. 3-11.
- “Globalising the Rule of Law”, Indian Journal of International Law, Vol. 48, 2008, No. 1, pp.21-44.
- “From Economic Globalization to Globalizing the Rule of Law”, China Legal Science, Issue No. 1, 2008, pp.12-23.
- “International Development Law in the Globalized World”, Asia Law Review, Vol. 4, No. 1,June 2007, pp. 41-87 and James Cook University Law Review (with modifications), Vol. 13,2006, pp.187-232.
- “The Race Discrimination Bill in Hong Kong – A Critical Review”, The Journal of World Investment & Trade, Vol. 8 No.3, June 2007, pp.431 – 440.
- “The Across-the-Strait Relations against the Background of Globalization”, The Journal of World Investment & Trade, Vo. 7, No. 1,Feb. 2006, pp. 5-24.
- “International Investment Law in the Globalized World” (co-authored with Priscilla Leung), in Wolfgang Seiffert (ed.), Legal Issues of Foreign Investment in Transition Countries, Osteuropaforschung Band 47, Germany, 2006, pp.53-70.
- “Sino-US Textile Dispute — Legal Perspectives”, The Journal of World Investment & Trade, Vol. 6, No. 1, February 2005, pp.133-143.
- “Correctness and Wrongfulness of the Rules of the Game of Service Trade”, Jurists Review, 2005, Vol. 4, pp.149-160.
- “Globalization of Trade Law - The Example of the Argentina-Poultry Case”, The Journal of World Investment & Trade, Vol. 5, No. 3,2004, pp.449-483.
- “The China-Hong Kong Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement Revisited”, The Journal of World Investment & Trade, Vol. 5, No. 1,February 2004, pp.177-186.
- “The Impact of Globalization on State Sovereignty”, Chinese Journal of International Law, Number 2, Volume 3, 2004, pp. 473-483.
- “Contributions of the National Treatment Principle Toward the Globalization of Law”, in Rao Geping (ed.),Collection of Assays in Commemoration of Professor Wang Tieya, Peking University Press, 2004, pp.126-146.
- “Regional Arrangements Within the Context of Globalization”, in Wang Guiguo (Ed.), A study on the Legal Issues Concerning Regional Arrangement, Peking University Press,2004, pp.1-43.
- “WTO in Post-Cancun Era”, Journal of International Economic Law, Vol. 10, 2004, pp.69-82.
- “Globalization Leading to Harmonization – Argentina’s Poultry Antidumping Case”, Jurists Review, No. 4, 2003, pp. 126-143.
- “The WTO and Agricultural Trade”, Peking University Law Review, Vol. 5, 2003 No. 1, pp.128-160.
- “The Development of the Law of WTO from the Prospective of National Treatment”, International and Comparative Law Review, Vol. 6, 2003, pp.37-68.
- “An Analysis of the Proposition of Establishing Free Trade Zone between Hong Kong and the Mainland” (co-authored with Priscilla MF Leung), Journal of International Economic Law, 2003, Vol. 7, pp.69-83.
- “The Mechanism of Subsidies and Countervailing Measures under the WTO”, Jurists’ Review, No. 6, 2002, pp.33-41.
- “The Most Favoured Nation Treatment Principle and the WTO”, Journal of International Economic Law, Vol. 6, 2002, pp.136-169.
- “The Globalized Economy in Quest of Globalization of the Rule of Law: From the Perspective of the National Treatment Principle”, The Journal of World Investment, Vol. 2, No. 1, March 2001, pp.21-52.
- “Sovereignty in Global Economic Integration: a Chinese Perspective” , in International Law in the Post-Cold War World: Essays in Memory of Li Haopei, edited by Sienho Yee and Wang Tieya, Routledge Studies in International Law, 2001, pp.357-372.
- “The New Neo-Confucianism and International Economic Law”, The Journal of World Investment, No. 1, July 2000, pp.137-197.
- “The Act of State and HKSAR Court”, Nagoya University Journal of Law and Politics, No. 182, June 2000, pp.69-95.
- “One Country Two Systems: Theory into Practice”, Nagoya University Journal of Law and Politics, No. 182, June 2000, pp.1-12.
- “The New Contract Law of China”, Journal of Contract Law, Vol. 15, No. 3, March 2000, pp.242-267.
- “Economic Globalization and China’s Legal Reforms”, Journal of International Economic Law, Vol. 3, 2000, pp.1-14.
- “The Act of State Doctrine and HKSAR Court”, The 21st Century’s Judiciary System – Collected Papers of the Third Asia-Pacific Courts Conference, Shanghai No. 1 Intermediate People’s Court, Shanghai, China, 1999, pp.98-105 and 278-289.
- “China’s Attitude Towards State Immunity – An Eastern Approach”, in Japan and International Law: Past, Present and Future, Edited by Nisuke Ando, Kluwer Law International, 1999, pp.153-172.
- “Li Yi Fen Shu: A Preliminary Study on International Economic Law”, Journal of Comparative Law, Vol. XIII, No. III & IV, 1999, pp.299-334.
- “Economic Relations between Hong Kong and Taiwan within the Framework of World Trade Organization”, Jurists Review, 1997, No. 5, pp.82-85.
- “The Investment Laws of Hong Kong under the One Country Two Systems”, Journal of World Trade, Vol. 31, No. 6, 1997.
- “Legal Infiltration through International Economic Integration: A Case of Service Trade”, Journal of International Economic Law, Vol. I, 1997, pp.87-122.
- “One Country Two Arbitration Systems: Recognition and Enforcement of Arbitral Awards in Hong Kong and China”, Journal of International Arbitration, Vol. 14, No. 1, 1997, pp.5-42.
- “The Unification of the Dispute Resolution System in China — Cultural, Economic and Legal Contributions”, Journal of International Arbitration, Vol. 13, No. 2, 1996, pp.5-44.
- “International Economic Law”, in Wang Tieya (ed.), International Law, Law Press, Beijing, China, 1995, pp.486-520.
- “China’s Company Law and Market Economy — A Comparative Analysis of the Rights and Obligations of Directors”, in Wei Zhenying and Wang Guiguo (ed.), Market Economy and Law, Peking University Press, Beijing, 1995, pp.62-76.
- “Foreign Investment Law in the Pearl River Delta”, in J. Cheng & S. Macpherson (ed.), Development in Southern China, Longman Asia Limited, 1995, pp.243-261.
- “A Comparative Study on the Act of State”, Chinese Yearbook of International Law, 1995, pp.95-137.
- “Economic Integration in Quest of Law: Chinese Experience”, Journal of World Trade, Vol. 29, No. 2, 1995, pp.5-28.
- “China’s Copyright Law and Practice”, in Shi Hwei-yow, Priscilla MF Leung and Zheng Songyu (ed.), Collection of Articles on the Intellectual Property Law of the Mainland and Taiwan, Wide Angle Press, Hong Kong, 1994, pp.179-193.
- “China’s Return to GATT - Legal and Economic Implications”, Journal of World Trade, Vol. 28, No. 3, 1994, pp.51-65.
- “Economic Legal Reforms”, Joseph Cheng Yu-shek and Maurice Brosseau (ed.), China Review 1993, The Chinese University Press, Hong Kong, 1993, pp.7.1-33.
- “The Banking System of Hong Kong and International Collaboration in Bank Supervision”, Jurist’s Review, No. 5 & 6, 1993, pp.114-124.
- “Commercial Dispute Resolution in China”, in Rui Mu and Wang Guiguo (ed.), Chinese Foreign Economic Law: Analysis and Commentary, International Law Institute, Washington, D.C., U.S.A., 1991, 14-1-61.
- “China’s Participation in International Collaborations”, in Rui Mu and Wang Guiguo (ed.), Chinese Foreign Economic Law: Analysis and Commentary, International Law Institute, Washington, D.C., U.S.A., 1991, pp.13-1-26.
- “Principles Re the Scope of Application and Interpretation of the Convention on International Sale of Goods”, International Law Yearbook, The Chinese Society of International Law, 1989, pp.239-258.
- “The Origin and Evolution of International Economic Law”, Peking University Journal No. 3, 1988, pp.34-43.
- “Arbitration in China”, Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, Vol. 2, No. 1, 1987, pp.17-18.
- Member of the International Academy of Comparative Law
- Chairman of the Hong Kong WTO Research Institute
- Member of Telecommunication (Competition Provisions) Appeal Board
- Arbitrator of China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC), Beijing, China
- Arbitrator of Panel of Arbitrators of Korean Commercial Arbitration
- Arbitrator of Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- Distinguished Professor of Law at Hunan Normal University, Hunan, China