Professor ZHU, Guobin
BA, MA, LLM (Renmin U, China)
PhD and Habilitation (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches) (U of Aix-Marseilles III, France)
Certificate (ENA, France)
Visiting Scholar (Harvard)
Visiting Scholar (Columbia)
- Chinese and comparative constitutional law
- The Basic Law of Hong Kong
- Law of Human Rights in Hong Kong and China
- Public Administration of China
- "The Right to Minority Language Instruction in Schools: Negotiating Competing Claims in Multinational China", a lead article in Human Rights Quarterly, Vol. 36 No. 3, 2014, pp. 692-721.
- “Chinese Immigration Law and Policy: A Case of ‘Change Your Direction, or End Up Where You Are Heading’?”, a lead article in Colombia Journal of Asian Law, Vol. 26 (2013), Issue Spring 2013., pp. 1-28.
- “Weak Courts, Weak Rights – Assessing the Realization of Constitutional Rights in the PRC Courts”, in Hong Kong Law Journal, HKLJ Vol 43 Part 2 (2013), pp.713-743.
- “The Composite State of China under ‘One Country, Multiple Systems’ – Theoretical Construction and Methodological Considerations”, in I.CON - International Journal of Constitutional Law , Vol. 10 No. 1 (2012), pp. 272-297.
- "Prosecuting ‘Evil Cults’: A Critical Examination of Law regarding Freedom of Religious Belief in Mainland China", a lead article in Human Rights Quarterly, Vol. 32 No. 3, 2010, pp. 471-501.
- "Constitutional Review in China: An Unaccomplished Project or a Mirage?", in Suffolk University Law Review, No. 3, Vol 43 (2010), pp. 625-653.
- "香港基本法第158條與立法解釋 (Art 158 of the Basic Law of Hong Kong and Legislative Interpretation)", 法學研究 Chinese Journal of Law 30(2), March 2008, pp.3-26.
- "Marketization, Globalization and Administrative Reform in China – A Zigzag Road to a Promising Future", International Review of Administrative Sciences 73(2), June 2007, pp.217-233.
- "Inter-regional Conflict of Laws under ‘One Country, Two Systems’: Revisiting Chinese Legal Theories and Chinese and Hong Kong Law, with Special Reference to Judicial Assistance", Hong Kong Law Journal 32(3), December 2002, pp.615-676.
- 香港司法制度 (Hong Kong Judicial System), 合著, 修訂香港版，中華書局，香港, July 2013, 312 p.
- 憲法權利與憲政 - 當代中國憲法問題研究 (Constitutional Rights and Constitutionalism - A Study of the Current Constitutional Issues in Contemporary China), 合著，香港大學出版社，October 2011, 438 p.
- 香江法政縱橫-香港基本法學緒論 （Jurisprudence and Politics in the Fragrant Harbor: Making Waves with the Hong Kong Basic Law）, 法律出版社，北京， August 2010, 247 p.
- 當代中國政治與政府 (Government and Politics of Contemporary China), 第二版,中國人民大學出版社, 北京, March 2010, 433 p.
- 新編中國法 (A New Introduction to Chinese Law), Chief Editor, 香港城市大學出版社, 香港, July 2007, 625 p.
- 中國憲法與政治制度 (Constitutional Law and Political System of China), 第二版, 法律出版社, 北京, August 2006, 395 p.
- 探尋憲政之路 – 從現代化的視角檢討中國20世紀上半葉的憲政實踐 (Pursuing the Road to Constitutionalism – A Review of the Constitutional Reform in the First Half of 20th Century of China from the Perspective of Process of Modernity), 山東人民出版社, January 2005, 239 p.
- The Legal Status of Hong Kong: Autonomy or Integration (in French, Le Statut de Hong Kong: Autonomie ou Intégration) Aix-en-Provence, France: Aix-Marseilles University Press, December 2002, 287 p.
- Guest Professor (Law) at Shandong University, Jinan
- Adjunct Professor at School of Law, Wuhan University, Wuhan
- Adjunct Research Fellow at Institute of Constitutionalism and Rule of Law of Renmin University of China, Beijing, and at Research Institute of Public and Comparative Law of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou
- Trustee of The Legal Education Trust Fund, Hong Kong
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member of the Council, China Society of Constitutional Law
- Member, International Association of Constitutional Law
- Associate Member, International Academy of Comparative Law
- Member, French Society of Comparative Legislation