Award and Achievement
- 2014 “Outstanding Research Award” City University of Hong Kong. Shortlisted Finalist.
- 2013 “International Research Award: Hero Award” National Anti-bullying Summit. United States.
- 2012 “Excellence in Knowledge Transfer Award” City University of Hong Kong.
- 2010 “Distinguished Alumni Award” University of Hong Kong. In recognition of my outstanding achievements in social work education and research.
- 2009 “Teaching Excellence Award” City University of Hong Kong.
- 2008 “Outstanding Project Award” Quality Education Fund (QEF) of the HKSAR Education Bureau. Project CARE: Children and Adolescence at Risk Education (C.A.R.E.) 有教無『戾』 --- 校園欺『零』 計畫.
- Omega-3 supplementation to reduce externalizing behavior problems in risk-taking adolescents: A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial, General Research Fund (GRF), University Grant Council (UGC), Amount: HKD $730,300, 2015 - 2017, Annis Fung (PI), Adrian Raine (Co-I), Tatia Lee (Co-I), & Yu Gao (Co-I).
- Traditional Chinese martial arts training in reducing aggression: An evidence-based evaluation on the effectiveness of Traditional Chinese martial arts training in reducing schoolchildren aggression, General Research Fund (GRF), UGC, Amount: $390,400, 2014 - 2016, Annis Fung (PI).
- Enhancement of innovative counselling knowledge and skills in youth aggression and victimization across family and school contexts for practitioners, Teaching Development Grant, City University of Hong Kong, Amount: $179,315, 2013 - 2015, Annis Fung (PI).
- C.A.R.E. Home Cares Children and Adolescents at Risk Education, UGC Knowledge Transfer Earmarked Fund, Amount: HKD $199,860, 2012 - 2014, Annis Fung (PI).
- Children and Adolescence at Risk Education (C.A.R.E.) 有教無『戾』 --- 校園欺『零』 計畫, Quality Education Fund, HKSAR Education Bureau, Amount: HKD $10,931,100, 2006 - 2011, Annis Fung (PI).
- Cross-cultural Studies of Family Relationships and Social Support towards Domestic Violence in Culturally Diverse Families, Faculty Research Committee, Amount: HKD $99,929, 2005 - 2006, Annis Fung (PI).
- Li, A.X. & Fung, A.L.C. (in press). Reactive and Proactive Aggression in Mainland Chinese Secondary School Students. Journal of Social Work.
- Rowan, D. , Jarkestig-Berggren, U. , Cambridge, I. , McAuliffe, D. , Fung, A.L.C. & Moore, M. (in press). The 6 Continents Project: A method for linking social work classrooms for intercultural exchange through asynchronous video uploading. Journal of International Social Work.
- Gao, Y. , Zhang, W. & Fung, A.L.C. (in press). The associations between parenting styles and proactive and reactive aggression in Hong Kong children and adolescents. International Journal of Psychology.
- Fung, A.L.C. , Gerstein, L.H. , Chan, Y.C. & Engebretson, J. (2015). Relationship of aggression to anxiety, depression, anger, and empathy in Hong Kong. Journal of Child and Family Studies. 24. 821 - 831.
- Zhou, G.D. & Fung, A.L.C. (2014). Distinguishing Reactive Aggression from Proactive Aggression. Psychological Development and Education. 30(1). 105 - 111.
- Raine, A. , Fung, A.L.C. , Portnoy, J. , Choy, O. & Spring, V.L. (2014). Low heart rate as a risk factor for child and adolescent proactive aggressive and impulsive psychopathic behavior. Aggressive Behavior. 40. 290 - 299.
- Fung, A.L.C. , Gerstein, L.H. , Chan, Y.C. & Hurley, E. (2013). Children’s aggression, parenting styles, and distress for Hong Kong parents. Journal of Family Violence. 28(5). 515 - 521.
- Fung, A.L.C. , Gerstein, L.H. , Chan, Y.C. & Hutchison, A. (2013). Cognitive-behavioral group therapy for Hong Kong students that engage in bullying. Revista de Cercetare si Interventie Sociala. 42. 68 - 84.
- Fung, A.L.C. , Gerstein, L.H. & Chan, J.Y.C. (2013). Correlates of pure and co-occurring proactive and reactive aggressors in Hong Kong. Psychology in the Schools. 50. 181 - 192.
- Law, A.K.Y. & Fung, A.L.C. (2013). Different Forms of Online and Face-to-face Victimization among Schoolchildren with Pure and Co-occurring Dimensions of Reactive and Proactive Aggression. Computers in Human Behavior. 29. 1224 - 1233.
- Fung, A.L.C. (2012). Group treatment of reactive aggressors by social workers in a Hong Kong school setting: A two-year longitudinal study adopting quantitative and qualitative approaches. British Journal of Social Work. 42(8). 1533 - 1555.
- Fung, A.L.C. (2012). Intervention for aggressive victims of school bullying: A longitudinal mixed-methods study in Hong Kong. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 53(4). 360 - 367.
- Fung, A.L.C. & Raine, A. (2012). Peer victimization as a risk factor for schizotypal personality in childhood and adolescence. Journal of Personality Disorder. 26 (3). 428 - 434.
- Ramírez, M.J. , Fung, A.L.C. , Alvarado, J.M. & Millana, L. (2011). Justification of emotional and instrumental aggression in Hong Kong and Spanish University students. The Open Psychology Journal. 4. 64 - 72.
- Raine, A. , Fung, A.L.C. & Lam, B.Y.H. (2011). Peer victimization partially mediates the schizotypy – aggression relationship in children and adolescents. Schizophrenia Bulletin. 37(5). 937 - 945.
- Fung, A.L.C. (2010). Cyber-bullying: Concepts, prevention, and intervention. Journal of Youth Studies. 13(26). 31 - 42.
- Fung, A.L.C. & Law, A.K.Y. (2010). Deescalating Childhood Aggression in Hong Kong. Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities. 18(1). 93 - 101.
- Fung, A.L.C. , Raine, A. & Gao, Y. (2010). The utility of the child psychopathy construct in an East Asian population. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology. 39(1). 134 - 140.
- Fung, A.L.C. (2010). Two forms of student aggression with different developmental trajectories. Asian Journal of Counselling. 17(1-2). 1 - 19.
- Fung, A.L.C. , Raine, A. & Gao, Y. (2009). Differentiation between proactive and reactive aggression in age, gender, and factor structure: A cross-section study of 11 to 15-year-old schoolchildren. Journal of Adolescence. 91(5). 473 - 479.
- Fung, A.L.C. (2008). Developing prosocial behaviors in children with reactive aggression. International Journal of Progressive Education. 3(4). 14 - 28.
- Fung, A.L.C. (2007). A qualitative evaluation of social-cognitive changes in children with reactively aggressive behaviors. Journal of School Violence. 6(1). 45 - 64.
- Fung, A.L.C. & Tsang, S.K.M. (2007). Anger coping method and skill training for Chinese children with physically aggressive behaviors. Early Child Development and Care. 177(3). 259 - 273.
- Fung, A.L.C. , Wong, J.L.P. & Chak, Y.T.C. (2007). School bullying: Risk factors, cognitive distortion and intervention for reactive aggressors. Journal of Youth Studies. 10(1). 3 - 13.
- Fung, A.L.C. (2006). Evaluating treatment outcomes on parental cognition, behavior and stress of parents with aggressive children. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences. 1(1). 9 - 20.
- Fung, A.L.C. & Tsang, S.K.M. (2006). Parent-child parallel-group intervention for childhood aggression in Hong Kong. Emotional and Behavioral Difficulties. 11. 31 - 48.
- 2012 - Now, Vice President, Associate Fellow, Approved Supervisor, Certified Counsellor, The Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association.Hong Kong.
- 2011 - Now, Chairperson, Early Childhood and Elementary Education Division of the School of Continuing Education Advisory Committee, Hong Kong Baptist University.Hong Kong.
Service in CityU
- Jul 2015 - Now, Programme Leader, MSS in Counselling Programme.
- 2012 - 2014, Member, nominated by the President and Provost, Academic Policy Committee.
- Jul 2011 - Jun 2015, Associate Program Leader, MSS in Counselling Programme.
Research / Thesis Supervision
- 2013 - Now, Marina Xin Liu, M.Phil. (Supervisor).
- 2011 - Now, Gao Yunjiao , Ph.D. (Co-supervisor).
- 2010 - Now, Zhou Guangdong , Ph.D. (Supervisor).
- 2008 - 2013, Ann Li Xiang , M.Phil. and Ph.D. (Supervisor).
Last update date :
07 Sep 2015