Fellow, Behavioral and Social Sciences Section, The Gerontological Society of America (GSA)
Cadenza Fellow, A Jockey Club Initiative for Seniors, The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charity Trust
Fulbright Visiting Scholar, Stanford University (Aug 2007 – Feb 2008)
- Intergenerational Conflict at Work: The Role of Visual Attention in Affective and Behavioral Reactions to Conflict Situations, General Research Fund , Research Grant Council, Dec 2016 - Feb 2019, Derek Isaacowitz (Co-I) & Jiawen Ye (Co-I).
- Age Differences in Gaze When Experiencing Workplace Conflicts, Strategic Research Grant, City University of Hong Kong, Sep 2015 - Aug 2017, Dannii Yeung (PI), Derek Isaacowitz (Co-I) & Jiawen Ye (Co-I).
- A Longitudinal Examination of Adjustment to Retirement: The Role of Retirement Resources, General Research Fund, Research Grants Council, 2014 - 2016, Dannii Yeung (PI).
- Aging and Work: Do Older Employees Prefer Other Ways to Handle Conflict in the Workplace?, General Research Fund, Research Grants Council, 2011 - 2014, Dannii Yeung (PI), Helene Fung (Co-I) & Darius Chan (Co-I).
- Yeung, D. Y. , Fung, H. H. & Chan, D. K.-S. (2016). Comparing intrinsic and extrinsic social values between younger and older employees. The Journal of Psychology: Interdisciplinary and Applied. 150. 704 - 724. doi:10.1080/00223980.2016.1187109. (http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/pK72uvQwyVseVS7MfhUE/full)
- Ho, H.C.Y. & Yeung, D.Y. (2016). Effects of occupational future time perspective on managing stressful work situations. International Journal of Psychology. 51. 261 - 268. doi:10.1002/ijop.12144
- Cheung, F. , Wu, A. M. S. & Yeung, D. Y. (2016). Factors associated with work volition among aging workers in Hong Kong. Journal of Career Development. 43. 160 - 176. doi:10.1177/0894845315585576
- Ho, SMY. , Yeung, DY. & Mak, CWY. (2016). The interaction effect of attentional bias and attentional control on dispositional anxiety among adolescents with positive attentional bias. British Journal of Psychology. doi:10.1111/bjop.12225
- Yeung, D.Y. , Ho, S.M.Y. & Mak, C.W.Y. (2015). Attention to positive information mediates the relationship between hope and psychosocial well-being of adolescents. Journal of Adolescence. 42. 98 - 102. doi:10.1016/j.adolescence.2015.04.004
- Liu, E.S. C. , Ye, C.J. & Yeung, D.Y. (2015). Effects of approach to learning and self-perceived overall competence on academic performance of university students. Learning and Individual Differences. 39. 199 - 204. doi:10.1016/j.lindif.2015.03.004
- Ho, S. M. , Mak, C. W. Y. , Yeung, D. Y. , Duan, W. , Tang, S. , Yeung, J. C. & Ching, R. (2015). Emotional valence, arousal, and threat ratings of 160 Chinese words by children and adolescents. PLoS One. 10 (7). e0132294 doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0132294
- Yeung, D.Y. , Fung, H.H. & Chan, D.K.-S. (2015). Managing conflict at work: Comparison between younger and older managerial employees. International Journal of Conflict Management. 26. 342 - 364. doi:10.1108/IJCMA-06-2014-0044 (http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/full/10.1108/IJCMA-06-2014-0044)
- Yeung, D.Y. , Fung, H. H. & Chan, D. K.-S. (2015). Positive effect of social work-related values on work outcomes: The moderating role of age and work situation. Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences. 70. 235 - 246. doi:10.1093/geronb/gbt094
- Wong, C.K.M. , Yeung, D.Y. , Ho, H.C.Y. , Tsz, K.B. & Lam, C.Y. (2014). Chinese older adults’ internet use for health information. Journal of Applied Gerontology. 33. 316 - 335. doi:10.1177/0733464812463430
- Ho, H.C.Y. , Yeung, D.Y. & Kwok, S.Y.C.L. (2014). Development and evaluation of the positive psychology intervention for older adults. Journal of Positive Psychology. 9. 187 - 197. doi:10.1080/17439760.2014.888577
- Hui, A. , Yeung, D.Y. , Sue-Chan, K. , Chan, K. , Hui, D.C.K. & Cheng, S.T. (2014). Gains and losses in creative personality as perceived by adults across the lifespan. Developmental Psychology. 50. 709 - 713. doi:10.1037/a0034168
- Yeung, D.Y. , Kwok, S.Y.C. & Chung, A. (2013). Institutional peer support mediates the impact of physical declines on depressive symptoms of nursing home residents. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 69. 875 - 885.
- Yeung, D.Y. (2013). Is pre-retirement planning always good? An exploratory study of retirement adjustment among Hong Kong Chinese retirees. Aging & Mental Health. 17. 386 - 393. doi:(http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/jthbpHSWkCTy26H5xD3Y/full)
- Yeung, D.Y. , Fung, H.H. & Kam, C. (2012). Age differences in problem solving strategies: The mediating role of future time perspective. Personality and Individual Differences. 53. 38 - 43.
- Yeung, D.Y. & Fung, H.H. (2012). Impacts of suppression on emotional responses and performance outcomes: An experience sampling study in younger and older workers. Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences. 67. 666 - 676.
- Zhang, X. , Yeung, D.Y. , Fung, H.H. & Lang, F.R. (2011). Changes in peripheral social partners and loneliness over time: The moderating role of interdependence. Psychology and Aging. 26. 823 - 829.
- Yeung, D.Y. , Wong, K.M. & Lok, D.P.P. (2011). Emotion regulation mediates age differences in emotions. Aging & Mental Health. 15. 414 - 418. doi:(http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/v7rSQEw5KtgjNXfTDU3y/full)
- Kwok, S.Y.C.L. , Yeung, D.Y. & Chung, A. (2011). The moderating role of perceived social support on the relationship between physical functional impairment and depressive symptoms among Chinese nursing home elderly in Hong Kong. The Scientific World Journal: Child Health & Human Development. 11. 1017 - 1026.
- Yeung, D.Y. & Fung, H.H. (2009). Aging and work: How do SOC strategies contribute to job performance across adulthood?. Psychology and Aging. 24. 927 - 940.
- Fung, H.H. , Yeung, D.Y. , Li, K.K. & Lang, F.R. (2009). Benefits of negative social exchanges for emotional closeness. Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences. 64B. 612 - 621.
- Fung, H.H. , Stoeber, F.S. , Yeung, D.Y. & Lang, F.R. (2008). Cultural specificity of socioemotional selectivity: Age differences in social network composition among Germans and Hong Kong Chinese. Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences. 63B. 156 - 164.
- Yeung, D.Y. , Fung, H.H. & Lang, F.R. (2008). Self-construal moderates age differences in social network characteristics. Psychology and Aging. 23. 222 - 226.
- Yeung, D.Y. & Fung, H.H. (2007). Age differences in emotional responses and coping toward SARS: A longitudinal study of Hong Kong Chinese. Aging & Mental Health. 11. 579 - 587.
- Yeung, D.Y. , Fung, H.H. & Lang, F.R. (2007). Gender differences in social network characteristics and psychological well-being among Hong Kong Chinese: The role of future time perspective and adherence to Renqing. Aging & Mental Health. 11. 45 - 56.
- Tsai, J.L. , Miao, F.F. , Seppala, E. , Fung, H.H. & Yeung, D.Y. (2007). Influence and adjustment goals: Sources of cultural differences in ideal affect. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 92. 1102 - 1117.
- Yeung, D. Y. (2017). Aging and psychological well-being. N. A. Pachana (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Geropsychology. (pp. 196 - 201). Singapore. Springer. 978-981-287-081-0.
- Yeung, D. Y. & Ho, H. C. Y. (2017). Conflict management and aging in the workplace. N. A. Pachana (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Geropsychology. (pp. 516 - 602). Singapore. Springer. 978-981-287-081-0.
- Yeung, D.Y. & Ho, H.C.Y. (2015). Psychological adaption of older workers: Findings from the Western and Eastern countries. S.-T. Cheng, I. Chi, H.H. Fung, L.W. Li, & J. Woo (Eds.), Successful aging: Asian perspectives. (pp. 301 - 319). New York. Springer.
- Wong, S. & Yeung, D.Y. (2013). Exploring the meaning of pride and shame in Hong Kong-Chinese. J. J. R. Fontaine, K. R. Scherer, & C. Soriano (Eds.), Components of emotional meaning: A sourcebook. (pp. 482 - 485). UK. Oxford University Press.
- Fung, H.H. , Ching, B.H.H. & Yeung, D.Y. (2007). Age differences in emotional regulation: Findings from Western and Eastern cultures. O. Randall (Ed.), Aging and the elderly: Psychology, sociology, and health. (pp. 63 - 88). New York. Nova Science Publishers.
- Feb 2017 - Now, Editorial Board Member, GeroPsych.
- Apr 2014 - Now, Associate Editor, Psychology and Quality of Life Section, BMC Geriatrics.
Service in CityU
- Jul 2015 - Now, Bachelor of Social Sciences in Psychology (BSSPSY), Major Leader.
Research / Thesis Supervision
- Sep 2016 - Now, Supervision of Ph.D. student (Xiaoyu Zhou).
- Aug 2011 - Aug 2014, Supervision of Ph.D. Student (Henry C. Y. Ho).
- 2011 - Now, Psychology of Ageing.
- 2009 - Now, Developmental Psychology.
- 2009 - Now, Personality and Individual Differences.
- 2008 - 2012, Cognitive Psychology.
- 2008 - Now, Perception and Cognition.
- 2008 - Now, Psychology Research Paper.
- 2008 - Now, Research Project in Psychology.
Last update date :
03 Apr 2017