- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Kam, Ping Kwong. (2010). Bonding and Bridging Social Capital Development by Social Workers. Journal of Social Service Research. 56(5). 402 - 413. (SSCI).
- Lee, Tak-yan. , Kwong, Wai-man. , Cheung, Chau-kiu. , Ungar, Michael. & Cheung, Maria Y.L. (2010). Children’s Resilience-related Beliefs as a Predictor of Positive Child Development in Face of Adversities: Implications for Intervention to Enhance Children’s Quality of Life. Social Indicators Research. 95(3). 437 - 453.
- Yue, Xiao Dong. , Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Wong, Dennis Sing Wing. (2010). From Glamour-oriented Idolatry to Achievement-oriented Idolatry: A Framing Experiment among Adolescents in Hong Kong and Shenzhen. Asian Journal of Social Psychology. 13. 1 - 8.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Yeung, Jerf Wai-keung. (2010). Gender Differential in Deviant Friends' Influence on Children's Academic Self-esteem. Children & Youth Services Review. 32. 1750 - 1757.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Ma, Stephen Kun. (2010). How Older Residents Benefit from the Management of Volunteer Service. Administration in Social Work. 34(3). 241 - 258.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Lee, Tak-yan. (2010). Improving Social Competence through Character Education. Evaluation & Program Planning. 33. 255 - 363.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Tse, John Wing-ling. (2010). Popularity among Peers as a Condition for a Child’s Risk of Substance Abuse. Journal of Drug Issues. 40(3). 577 - 610.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Chan, Raymond Kwok-hong. (2010). Social Capital as Exchange: Its Contribution to Morale. Social Indicators Research. 96. 205 - 227.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Ngai, Ngan-pun. (2010). Training to Raise Unemployed Youth’s Work Commitment in Tianjin. Child & Youth Service Review. 32. 298 - 305.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. (2009). Evaluating the Benefit from the Help of the Parent-teacher Association to Child Performance. Evaluation & Program Planning. 32(3). 247 - 256.
- Ngai, Steven Sek-yum. & Cheung, Chau-kiu. (2009). Idealism, Altruism, Career Orientation and Emotional Exhaustion among Social Work Undergraduates. Journal of Social Work Education. 45(1). 105 - 120.
- Chow, Esther Oi-wah. & Cheung, Chau-kiu. (2009). Raising Self-esteem through Social Networking Intervention for Older Chinese Adults in Hong Kong. Asia Pacific Journal of Social Work & Development. 19(1). 66 - 81.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Leung, Kwan-kwok. (2009). Resources Mitigating the Impediment of Discrimination to the Acculturation Success of Students Migrated to Hong Kong. International Journal of Intercultural Relations. 33. 372 - 382.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Kwan, Alex Yui-huen. (2009). The Erosion of Filial Piety by Modernisation in Chinese Cities. Ageing & Society. 29. 179 - 198.
- Shek, D.T.L. , Siu, A.M.H. , Lee, T.Y. , Cheung, C.K. & Chung, R. (2008). Effectiveness of the Tier 1 Program of Project P.A.T.H.S.: Objective outcome evaluation based on a randomized group trial. TheScientificWorldJOURNAL: TSW Holistic Health & Medicine. 8. 4 - 12.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Tse, John Wing-ling. (2008). Hong Kong Children’s Posited Vulnerability to Social Influence on Substance Abuse. Substance Use & Misuse. 43(11). 1544 - 1558.
- Cheung, C.K. & Leung, K.K. (2008). Retrospective and Prospective Evaluations of Environmental Quality under Urban Renewal as Determinants of Residents' Subjective Quality of Life. Social Indicators Research. 85(2). 223 - 241.
- Cheung, C.K. & Leung, K.K. (2008). Ways by which Comparable Income Affects Life Satisfaction in Hong Kong. Social Indicators Research. 87 (1). 169 - 187.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Yue, X.D. (2007). Which Chinese creators are famous and why: Views from Hong Kong and Mainland Chinese students. The Journal of Creative Behavior. 41(3). 177 - 196.
- Yue, X.D. , Wong, D.S.W. & Cheung, C.K. (2006). Emulative Idol Perception: An Experimental Study among Secondary Students in Hong Kong and Shenzhen. Journal of Youth Studies. 9(2). 129 - 141.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. , Roskams, Timothy. & Fisher, Dean. (2006). Enhancement of Creativity through a One-semester Course in University. Journal of Creative Behavior. 40(1). 1 - 25.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. , Kwan, Alex Yui-huen. & Ng, Sik Hung. (2006). Impacts of Filial Piety on Preference for Kinship versus Public Care. Journal of Community Psychology. 34(5). 617 - 634.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Yong, Gui. (2006). Job Rewards from the Strength of Strong Ties in China. Human Relations. 59(6). 847 - 872.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Yue, Xiao Dong. (2006). Luminary Emergence and Eminence across Chinese History. Social Science Journal. 43(3). 147 - 165.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. , Leung, Kwan-kwok. , Chan, Wing-tai. , Ma, Kun. & Ngan, Raymond Man-hung. (2006). Self-expressive Orientation and Willingness to Pay Taxes and Public Fees in Hong Kong. International Journal of Public Opinion Research. 18(1). 107 - 118.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Chow, Esther Oi-wah. (2006). Spilling over Strain between Elders and Their Caregivers in Hong Kong. International Journal of Aging & Human Development. 63(1). 73 - 93.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. , Liu, Suk-ching. & Lee, Tak-yan. (2005). Parents, Teachers, and Peers and Early Adolescent Runaway in Hong Kong. Adolescence. 40(158). 403 - 424.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. & Chan, Chi-fai. (2005). Philosophical Foundations of Eminent Hong Kong Chinese CEOs' Leadership. Journal of Business Ethics. 60. 47 - 62.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. , Kwan, Alex Hui-yuen. , Chan, Sophia Siu-chee. , Ngan, Raymond Man-hung. , Ng, Sik Hung. , Leung, Edward Man-fuk. & Lau, Anna. (2005). Quality of Life in Older Adults: Benefits from Caring Services in Hong Kong. Social Indicators Research. 71. 291 - 334.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu. (2005). Who Won Political Elections in Hong Kong over Time?. Social Science Journal. 42(3). 183 - 199.
- Ngan, R. , Kam, P.K. & Cheung, C.K. (2007). Age discrimination in the labour market: Barriers to active aging in Hong Kong. J. Lee & K.W. Chan (Eds..), The crisis of welfare in east Asia. (pp. 147 - 164). Lanham. Lexington Books.
Current Research Projects (Ongoing Research Project, 2009-2013)
- Project Muguet: Comprehensive Service for Drug-abusing Mothers
- Stand-up—No Drug Project
- Conditions for Mutual Benefits in the Relationship between Grandparents and Adolescent Grandchildren
- Cultivation of Resiliency in Elders
- Family-centered Prevention of Adolescent Girls’ and Boys’ Compensated Dating
- Effects of Service Participation and Social Capital on the School-to-Work Transition of Economically Disadvantaged Young People
Last update date :
22 Sep 2015