Raysen Cheung obtained PhD in Vocational Psychology in Loughborough University, England, and has developed passions in counselling and development. Previously, he had served this university as a counsellor in Student Development Services for over 13 years, specializing in career guidance and counselling. In his current position of Assistant Professor, he conducts research on career development and professional counselling. He is a Registered Counselling Psychologist and a Registered Industrial-Organizational Psychologist of the Hong Kong Psychological Society, as well as an Associate Fellow of the Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association. Moreover, he serves as an Editorial Board member for Journal of Vocational Behavior, as well the Australian Journal of Career Development.
- Career development, migration intention and perceived employability: A mix-methods study of non-local Chinese students in Hong Kong, General Research Fund, Research Grants Council , Amount: HKD $236,600, Sep 2014 - Jun 2016, R. Cheung (PI), J. Cheung (Co-I), W. M. Kwong (Co-I).
- Facilitating career insight of students from their internships and work experience, Teachng Development Grant, City University of Hong Kong , Amount: HKD $170,191, Apr 2014 - Aug 2015, R. Cheung (PI).
- Cheung, R. , Jin, Q. & Cheung, C. K. (2016). Perceived employability of nonlocal Chinese students in Hong Kong: The impact acculturative and vocational variables. Journal of Career Assessment. doi:https://doi.org/10.1177/1069072716680045
- Cheung, R. & Jin, Q. (2015). Impact of a career exploration course on career decision making, adaptability, and relational support in Hong Kong. Journal of Career Assessment. doi:10.1177/1069072715599390
- Cheung, R. & Arnold, J. (2014). The impact of career exploration on career development of Hong Kong Chinese University students. Journal of College Student Development. 55 (7). 732 - 748. doi:10.1353/csd.2014.0067
- Cheung, R. (2012). Advancing Career Centers in Higher Education: Contextual and Strategic Considerations. Asian Journal of Counselling. 19 (1 & 2). 115 - 125.
- Cheung, R. & Arnold, J. (2010). Antecedents of career exploration amongst Hong Kong Chinese university students: Testing contextual and developmental variables. Journal of Vocational Behavior. 76. 25 - 36.
- Cheung, R. (2009). Internationalization of Career Counselling: Reflections on Professional dynamism and Advancement. Asian Journal of Counselling. 16. 227 - 248.
- Lai, J. C. L.,. , Chan, J. Y. Y. , Cheung, R. W. L. & Law, S. Y. W. (2001). Psychosocial development and self-esteem among traditional-aged university students in Hong Kong. Journal of College Student Development. 42. 68 - 78.
- Cheung, R. (Jun 2015). Perceived employability of non-local Mainland Chinese graduating students in Hong Kong. International Conference: Labor, Mobility and Development in PRD and Beyond. Chinese University of Hong Kong: Hong Kong.
- Cheung, R. , Jin, Q. & Ip, H. (May 2015). Exploring the impact of social work practicum on career development and perceived. International Conference of "Discovery and Innovation in Social Work Practicum Education. City University of Hong Kong. Hong Kong.
- Cheung, R. & Jin, Q. (Jul 2014). Psychological flexibility, job resources and perceived employability: An investigation among working adults in Hong Kong. 2014 International Congress of Applied Psychology. Paris. France: .
- Cheung, R. & Jin, Q. (Jun 2014). Testing the construct of psychological flexibility in Hong Kong: Validity of Acceptance and Action Questionnaire-II among college students and working adults. the 8th International Congress of Cognitive Psychotherapy (ICCP 2014). HKSAR: .
- Leung, J.W.H. , Cheung, R. & Chow, H. (15 May 2014). University Students’ Socially Responsible Leadership Values and Capacity for Service Leadership. International Conference on Service Leadership Education for University Students: Experience in Hong Kong. Sponsored by Victor and William Fung Foundation.
- Cheung, R. (21 Jun 2013). The impact of a career exploration course on exploration process, career decision making and adaptability among Hong Kong Chinese University students. Presented in the International Conference Life Design and Career Counselling: Building hope and resilience. Padova. Italy: .
- Cheung, R. & Chan, J. (5 Aug 2012). Career Services in Higher Education in Hong Kong. Presented in 2012 American Psychological Association Annual Conference. Orlando. USA: .
- Cheung, R. (Jul 2011). Developing supervisors in the context of counselling professionalization in Hong Kong (in Chinese) “輔導/ 諮商專業化下香港督導師培養的探討". Presented in the Third Forum of Cross-Strait Four Regions Higher Education Psychological Counselling and Consultation. Macau. PRC: .
- Cheung, R. (Jul 2010). Counselling in Hong Kong as a Chinese Society (in Chinese). “華人社會香港心理輔導與諮商之特色”. Keynote presented at Forum on Guidance and Counseling in Chinese Tertiary Education Setting in Four Regions Across the Strait. Taiwan: .
- Cheung, W.L.R. (Mar 2008). Relation between career exploration and career development status in the Hong Kong context: Examining social cognitive career variables and beyond. Presented in the 2008 International Counseling Psychology Conference. Chicago. USA: American Psychological Association.
- Cheung, R. & Chan, J. (Jul 2006). A strategic approach of orientation of undergraduate freshmen in the Hong Kong context. Presented in the 19th International Conference on the First-Year Experience. Toronto. Canada: .
- Cheung, R. (May 2003). Career exploration of Hong Kong University students. Presented in XIth European Congress on Work and Organizational Psychology. Lisbon. Portugal: .
- Ho, Y.F. , Leung, A.S. , Chui, Y.H. , Cheung, R. & Ip, K.P. (2008). Career Education and Individual Student Planning in Secondary Schools: Teacher’s Handbook. Hong Kong: Hong Kong Association of Careers Masters and Guidance Masters.
- Leung, J. Y. H. , Cheung, R. W. L. & Chow, H. (2015). University students’ socially responsible values and capacities for service leadership. In D.T.L. Shek, P. Chung (eds.), Promoting service leadership qualities in university students: The case of Hong Kong. (pp. 177 - 195). Singapre. Springer. doi:10.1007/978-981-287-515-0_12
- Cheung, R. & Chan, W. (2015). Career Insight groups in higher education settings. M. McMahon & W. Patton (Eds), Ideas for career practitioners: Celebrating excellence in career practice. (pp. 63 - 67). QLD, Australia. Australian Academic Press. 9781922117397.
- Cheung, R. (2015). Fostering Career Exploration. P. Hartung, M. L. Savickas and W. B. Walsh (Eds.), APA Handbook of Career Intervention, Volume 2: Applications. (pp. 157 - 170). Washington, DC. American Psychological Association. 1-4338-1753-5.
Current Research Projects
- Motivating Career Exploration of University Students through Self Reflection and Story Telling
- Career Development, Migration Intention and Peceived Employability
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Vocational Behavior
- Editorial Board Member, Australian Journal of Career Development
Last update date :
16 Feb 2017