I obtained my Ph.D. in Psychology from the University of Kansas in 2012. After that I worked as an Assistant Professor at James Madision University in USA. I joined the Department of Applied Social Studies at City University of Hong Kong in Aug 2016. I am specialized in Cognitive Psychology.
- Aug 2012 - Aug 2016, Assistant Professor, James Madison University.
- Chan, K. Y. , Hall, H. D. & Assgari, A. (2016). The role of vowel formant frequencies and duration in the perception of foreign accent. Journal of Cognitive Psychology: the Voice, Speech, and Language. 1 - 12. doi:10.1080/20445911.2016.1170746
- Chan, K. Y. & Vitevitch, M. S. (2015). The influence of neighborhood density on the recognition of Spanish-accented words. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception & Performance. 41. 69 - 85.
- Vitevitch, M. S. , Chan, K. Y. & Goldstein, R. (2014). Insights into failed lexical retrieval from network science. Cognitive Psychology. 68. 1 - 32.
- Vitevitch, M. S. , Chan, K. Y. & Roodenrys, S. (2012). Complex network structure influences processing in long-term and short-term memory. Journal of Memory and Language. 67. 30 - 44.
- Chan, K. Y. & Vitevitch, M. S. (2010). Network structure influences speech production. Cognitive Science. 34. 685 - 697.
- Chan, K. Y. & Vitevitch, M. S. (2009). The influence of the phonological neighborhood clustering-coefficient on spoken word recognition. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception & Performance. 35. 1934 - 1949.
- Vitevitch, M. S. , Chan, K. Y. & Goldstein, R. (2014). Using English as a “model language” to understand language processing. Motor speech disorders: a cross- language perspective. Bristol, Buffalo, Toronto. Multilingual Matters Ltd.
Last update date :
08 Sep 2016