What have been done on water conservation and consumption?
Our Campus Development and Facilities Office (CDFO) operates many facilities to save and recycle water. Actions taken include:
Save Water Consumption
- using Waterless Urinal System to control odours by means of natural microbial technology in male toilets
- installing water saving aerators for washbasin taps in toilets
- setting up Rainwater Harvesting System in Academic Building 3 for irrigation
- using Grey Water Recycling System to collect, filtrates and disinfects wastewater for irrigating the Chinese Garden
- recycling discarded pool water after closure of the swimming pool for cleansing and flushing of toilets