Award Certificate

Collection of Award Certificate
Normally, the award certificates will be ready for collection around 10-12 weeks after the official graduation date of each semester/term. The actual graduation date, which varies from year to year, can be found in the Academic Calendar. Graduates will have different collection periods depending on their graduating terms.

Arrangement for 2017 graduates is summarized as follows: 

Graduates of Notification EmailCollection PeriodLocation
Semester A 2016/17Mid-March 20176 April 2017 to
31 December 2018
ARRO Service Centre

Semester B 2016/17

19 September 2017
6 or 7 October 2017James Liu Multi-purpose Rooms A-C, 4/F, Amenities Building
10 October 2017 to
31 December 2018
ARRO Service Centre
Summer Term 2017Late October 201711 November 2017 to
31 December 2018
ARRO Service Centre

You will be informed by notification email of the time and venue for collecting your award certificate.

ARRO Service Centre, 5/F Fong Yun-wah Building

Opening Hours
Monday to Friday9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday9:00 am - 12:00 noon
Sunday and Public HolidaysClosed

Documents Required for Collection

If collected by yourself in person:

  • The notification email
  • Your CityU Student Identity Card/HKID Card/Passport

If collected by your authorized representative:

  • The notification email
  • A photocopy of your CityU Student Identity Card/HKID Card/Passport
  • An authorization letter signed by you. Click here for the letter template
  • Your authorized representative is also required to show his/her HKID Card/Passport for verification purpose

Clearance of Outstanding Matters before Collection

Student must clear all outstanding matters with the University (e.g. tuition fees, Library fines/books, student loans, etc.) before collecting their award certificates. Students who have not cleared all outstanding matters will NOT be allowed to collect the award certificate.

Deadline for Collection

It is the University’s policy to retain award certificates for collection up to 31 December of the following year after graduation (e.g. for 2017 graduates, the deadline for collection is 31 December 2018). After that date, all uncollected award certificates will be confidentially disposed without any further notice.

If you wish to get an award certificate afterwards, you will need to apply for a replacement award certificate with a fee at the prevailing rate (currently HK$400). Please refer to the paragraph below for the procedures to apply for a replacement award certificate.

Name Verification

Graduates will be asked to verify their legal names in English and Chinese (if applicable) to be printed on the award certificates through the following processes:

  • Bachelor's Degree Graduates
    Names will be verified during the on-line application for graduation
  • Associate Degree & Taught Postgraduate Degree Graduates
    A PDF file will be emailed to graduates for verification

Please use the Name Amendment Form for change of legal names, if required.

Return the completed and signed form, with supporting documents, by the following ways to the University (see office address, email, fax at the Name Amendment Form)

  • In person
  • By email
  • By fax
  • By post

Replacement Award Certificate

The award certificate issued by the University is a unique document. A graduate is only permitted to retain ONE award certificate, including replacement award certificate, for each academic qualification he/she is conferred by the University.

Graduate may apply for a replacement award certificate under the following circumstances:

  1. Permanent loss or damage of the original award certificate;
  2. Update of name in the case of a legal name change; or
  3. Inability to collect the original award certificate within the period prescribed by the University.

How to apply

Please complete the application form downloadable here and provide the necessary information and supporting documents as specified in the application form.

Fees Chargeable

The application fee for each replacement award certificate is HK$400.

Notes for Non-local Graduates/Graduates Station outside Hong Kong

You may authorize a person to collect the award certificate on your behalf. Please click here for the documents required.

You may also apply for sending your award certificate to an address outside Hong Kong. The application form is downloadable from here. Please complete the form and sent it to us in person or by mail with a copy of your HKID card or Passport. We only accept the signed original copy of the application form. Request by fax or in form of electronic files will not be accepted.

As the award certificate will be sent to you by registered mail, P.O. Box address will not be accepted. We will also not be responsible for any mis-handling of mail and no replacement certificate will be reissued under this circumstance.

If you still have outstanding matters with the University (e.g. tuition fees, Library fines/books, student loans, etc.), we will not mail out the award certificate until you have them settled.

If you are a graduate of the current year, the award certificate will be mailed to you around 10-12 weeks after the official date of your graduation.